Welcome to the Food Network Software demonstration site
It's about free open-source software for local food networks: groups of farmers who pool and distribute their food to groups of customers.
It helps customers to order and pay, distributors to deliver, producers, distributors and processors to get paid, and network administrators to coordinate everything.
Food Network Software features in detail
The software was designed by and for several food networks in Wisconsin and Minnesota.
It provides features that you cannot get from any other software.
- Distributed inventory showing all available products anywhere in the network: in the field, on the farm, at the processor, at the distributor, in a warehouse.
- Full lot traceability from customer back to the original producer and field. For meat, to the original animal.
- Pre-season planning, including supply and demand balancing and income projections, for the network as a whole, and for each producer individually.
- Supports food processing through many steps, including tracing output lots back to input lots all the way back to the original source.
- Supports culling and packing operations
- Supports different legal forms such as farmer cooperative, multi-stakeholder cooperative and LLC.
If you have login credentials, you may login to the demo.
If you would like login credentials, or have questions, please send us an email.
Frequently Asked Questions